Wednesday, June 12, 2013

It's a Jungle out there...

Two weeks away from the garden and I return to a jungle, everything growing into everything else, and, after all the rain we've had, infested with mosquitos.  I retreated to the house and took these photos from my bedroom on the third floor.

doesn't look too bad from above,from this angle, but believe me, it is bad.


cropped a bit, you can see the butterfly bushes to the right...



lilies of the valley, ajuga, cherry bells, lambs ears, swamp milkweed, hosta, lilies, coreopsis, etc etc

I really hate to pull anything up, but regretfully, I must.  Tomorrow I will get out there early, coat myself with Deep Woods Off, and go to it.




1 comment:

Candice said...

I find you just have to ruthless when you need to pull up plants. I hate to do it when the plants are pansies, however. They're my favorite.

Love your blog, Sister, but I think I've said that before!

Candy