Friday, June 7, 2013

Rainy Day in Cape May

Tropical Storm Andrea dumped rain on the US East Coast throughout the day today. It really poured!
So six of my sisters and I decided on lunch at the Lobster House.  We really like to lunch on the deck, and watch the fishing boats bringing in their catches, but today we were inside.  It was a delightful lunch, nonetheless.
Otherwise, I continued reading and writing and even watched a DVD.  I've read three books during this week: a very eclectic mix.  First, I finished Ruth Rendell's ( writing as Barbara Vine)novel Anna's Book: really a gripping mystery wrapped in an early 20th century diary:
Then, I read Alexander McCall Smith's  The Number One Ladies' Detective Agency. How did it take so long for me to discover this series?  I read the book in two days, and it was delightful.
Now, I am almost finished listening to the audiobook of Michael Connelly's The Overlook. As I've said before, he is one of my favorite crime novelists.
And last night, I watched the video  "The Good Shepherd," starring Matt Damon, Angelina Jolie,
William Hurt, and Robert De Niro, among others.  Even Albus Dumbledore ( Michael Gambon) was in it.   It was grim and puzzling - about the development of the US Intelligence service, the OSS and CIA.  I had to go back to many scenes to figure it out.  It gripped me, but I am not raving about it.


Tomorrow, our week at Cape May is over, and we'll be travelling back to Emmitsburg, Washington, Baltimore, Georgia, Indiana, and Buffalo NY.  We've had five gorgeous weather days, and two rainy ones.  This is  the house where we stay:





Have I ever mentioned that I love Cape May?

No comments: