Friday, April 10, 2015

I Came in Here for Something

National Poetry Month,  Day 10



My garden is coming alive, and I have written eleven new poems. What a sense of joy !

Here are some photos of my garden, taken last year or the year before.  But it looks like this now, too:

                                      Actually, this was taken April 9, 2007. It was much farther along that year.

 
More like this one now
 
 
 
Here's my poem for April 10:
 
 
 
I came in here for something
 

  I came in here for something, but I don’t know what it was.

  I backtrack in my mind,

  searching for the image,

  the mental picture

 which usually comes to my rescue.

 

I aim to find it, whatever it was , but

event boundaries haunt me

like blackbirds, young men that sang in my youth

“All My Life…you were only waiting for this moment to arrive…”

 

The groceries of thinking…

You have only waited for this moment to arrive…

 

New research shows that

walking through doorways causes forgetting,

“Recalling the decision or activity

 that was made in a different room

is difficult because

 it has been compartmentalized.”

 

I came in here for something, but I don’t know what it was.

 

 

 

No comments: