Tuesday, April 14, 2015

The Birder's Thanksgiving

 
 
 
National Poetry Month, Day 14
 
 
 
 


I wrote this one in response to the prompt "You are deeply loved by God", for a contest on Allpoetry.com. 


The Birder’s Thanksgiving

 

 

Chipping, White Throat, Fox and Vesper

Welcome Spring with sparrows’ nod.

Daffodils and Tulips whisper

You are deeply loved by God

 

When my loneliness reminds me

Of the wrong paths I have trod

He sends hummingbirds to find me:

I am deeply loved by God.

 

When my heart is sad and tired,

Robins call me from the sod

Morning birdsong frees the mired:

I am deeply loved by God.


                                                        Chipping Sparrow


White Throated Sparrow
 
Fox Sparrow
 
 
 
Vesper Sparrow
 
Ruby-throated Hummingbird
 
 
 
 

No comments: