Friday, November 27, 2015

Best Buy






NaBloPoMo prompt for today:


What's the best purchase you ever made?  

 

It’s actually the best purchase someone made for me.  Seven years ago, when I was facing cancer treatments, my friend Patty bought me an iPod Classic.
 
 

Once I overcame my fear of it, and learned how to use it, I became thoroughly enamoured.

She also gave me a gift card for Audible. I downloaded and listened to a number of books, among them:

 

This Republic of Suffering   by Drew Gilpin Faust

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo  by Stieg Larsson

The Life You Save May Be Your Own  by Paul Elie

The Shadow of the Wind   by  Carlos Ruiz Zafon

The Historian  by  Elizabeth Kostova

 

Then I began to borrow and download books from the public library.  What a gift this device has been!

This doesn’t even begin to enumerate the music I listen to on this, or the TV shows and films I have watched on it, or the podcasts.
 

So that’s it. 

No comments: