Tuesday, November 3, 2015

The Coolest Job, or, the Most Cool Job

English teacher that I am, I had to correct the prompt for today from NaBloPoMo:


What did you think was the coolest job in the world when you were younger? Do you still feel that way now?

 

I honestly can't remember, other than the job of teacher, which was the job that always attracted me.
 
Here I am at my desk in 1972, teaching 7th grade English.
 
 
Now, after forty years of teaching, although I have loved my job, I find many other jobs more  "cool."
 
If I had known myself better, and known all the opportunities better, perhaps I would have chosen something else.
No point in doing the "if only" game.
 
However, I think one of the most cool jobs would be an ornithologist/naturalist - the kind that bands birds.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Another cool job would be a professional gardener.
 
 
I have come to love the BBC show  Rosemary and Thyme, not because it's a particularly good mystery series, but because of the gardens which are always the backdrop.  I watch it for the gardens.
 
 
I would never have said this forty years ago.
 
Goes to show you.

No comments: