Tuesday, March 1, 2016

So Glad for March

On Leap Day, yesterday, the president of the university where I teach resigned.  This is a long story that I just don't feel like telling here. 

I think his resignation is for the best, but I still have mixed feelings about the way it came about.

Today I was really enraged by some of the remarks of one of the young alums on Facebook.   I taught this fellow when he was a freshman, and he graduated about ten years ago. I remember him in class and on campus as he still is:  self-righteous, bombastic, and obnoxious. There: I've said it. 

and furthermore,



and also,





I feel better this evening because I spent a good deal of time today out in the garden in the woods, beating back the poison ivy and other tenacious vines, and raking a mountain of leaves.  Great energy release!

I am so happy that Spring is coming.

No comments: