I'm feeling more upbeat than I was yesterday, primarily because I had a wonderful afternoon in the company of six Higgins cousins from three generations, and the wives of the older three. These are re-connections after many years, and I am so warmed by them.
In other news,
I have been writing, and also, sending poems out. Many rejections, but these acceptances, many of which one can read online. A number of these are poems from my first and second books; glad for them to get more exposure.
* My poem "An Active and Personal Devil" will appear in the December issue of Commonthought Magazine, a print journal out of Cambridge Massachusetts.
* I am "Poet of the Week" for the week of December 2 on the website Poetry Superhighway:
* Just received word this morning that my poem "If Memory Serves Me" has been nominated for a Pushcart Prize by Walking is Still Honest press.
* I have two poems in the November issue of W.I.S.H.( Walking is still honest!)
*Also, poems here:
*Also, Anthology 29, an Anthology of Religious Prose and Poetry, has included five of my poems. The whole anthology is online at ISSUU: http://issuu.com/ericmwathi/docs/secondissue
*Also, my interview is up on Molly Spencer's blog "the stanza" . It's about my book which was published last May. http://wp.me/p1fwUY-1cy.
*Also, my poem "Thin Skinned" was published in June in Turbulence, a print journal in the UK.
*Also,my poem "Georgia O'Keeffe Looks Over Her Shoulder" was published at Little Eagle's RE/VERSE .
*Also,I have a poem in this anthology of poems about Alzheimer's, FORGETTING HOME, edited by Anna Evans.http://barefootmuse.com/forgetting.htm
* Also,I'm going to read my poetry on the evening of February 20. at 7:30, in the auditorium of the Takoma Park community center, 7500 Maple Avenue, TP, MD 20912.
Maybe you could come!