Monday, January 17, 2011

I Lost my iPod this afternoon...


What a sense of loss. I had it in my skirt pocket - stupid - shallow pocket - and somewhere between my office at school and the car, it slid out.
I've looked everywhere... including going back over to the Mount to retrace my steps, and all through the car with a flashlight, but to no avail.
If some student has picked it up, I hope they turn it in. When they see the type of music stored on it,they will know that it belongs to an old coot:
Christmas music from Fred Waring and the Pennsylvanians.... Joan Baez in Concert... The Beatles... Fleetwood Mac... whole books like The Help, and several Wallander murder mysteries, and Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince... podcasts of music from the Taize Community... clearly not your
undergrad's choice of stuff!
Photos of birds and flowers and gardens and Cape May...
I realize how attached I have become to this little machine.
Telling myself I can live without it...

No comments: