Saturday, September 5, 2015

Another long dry spell

procrastinating and trying to get into a good murder mystery...

Tried each of these, and each one failed to keep me reading:



 
 
 
 
 
 
This one, by Peter James, had me reading compulsively, even though I became impatient with the way he obviously spun things out:
 
So I tried another of his, and the cliffhangers were even more contrived and annoying, though I was really gripped at the topic ( trafficking in human organs) and at the first part of the book:
 
I really liked the setting for these, which was Brighton and its environs, but, come on. So I kept looking:
 
 didn't finish it.
 
I did like this one, but liked the first half of the book more than the last:
 
 
 
I am longing for a new one from Louise Penny or Michael Connelly.
 
In the meantime, I am struggling to get back into school mode, re-reading Siddhartha and
 Brave New World!
 
 
 
 

No comments: