Saturday, December 1, 2018

Catholic Fallback

 
Catholic Fallback
 
Today is the second day of my novena to Saint Jude, patron saint of hopeless cases.  I found this novena booklet among my mom’s possessions  when I was cleaning out her things.
Here’s the main prayer:
 
 
Prayer for Particular Needs
 
St. Jude, apostle of Christ, the Church
honors and prays to you universally as the
patron of hopeless and difficult cases. Pray
for us in our needs. Make use, we implore
you, of this powerful privilege given to you,
 to bring visible and speedy help where help
is needed. Pray that we numbly accept the
trials and disappointments and mistakes which
are a part of our human nature. Help us to
see the reflection of the suffering of Christ in
the trials and tribulations of our own lives.
Let us see in a spirit of great faith and hope
the part we even now share in the joy of
Christ's resurrection, and which we long to
share fully in heaven. Intercede that we may
again experience this joy in answer to our
present needs  if it is God's desire for us.
(Here make your request.) We know our
prayers will be heard through your interces-
sion. Amen.
My request?  The resignation of Donald Trump.
 
I trust that God forgives my spotty and faulty faith, but I am really praying hard for this. Each day this president is increasingly bad for our country.

No comments: