Thursday, March 25, 2021

My lips will sing Your praise

 Here are some of my favorite artists images of the Annunciation:

artist:  Henry Tanner



Today is the feast of the Annunciation -  when the angel of the Lord gave Mary the message, and she said yes.

Today my Sisters and I said our Annual Vows during the morning Mass.

I love this psalm from Morning Prayer:

Psalm 63

God, my God, for you I long

my soul thirsts for you

my body aches for you

Like a dry weary land without water

So I gaze on you in the sanctuary

a vision of strength and glory.


For your love is better than life,

my lips will sing your praise

I give you a lifetime of worship,

my hands raised in your name.

I feast at a rich table,

my lips sing of your glory.


On my bed I remember you

On you I muse through the night

for you have been my help

In the shadow of your wings

I rejoice.

Yes, I cling to you.

Your right hand holds me fast.


Annunciation      artist:  John Collier



Annunciation      artist  Brigid Martin


Annunciation      artist:  Fra Angelico


No comments: