Sunday, September 4, 2022

Silence in August part two

unknown artistI must have pushed some wrong buttons, because I now have this copy in underlined blue, and I didn't mean to do it!
Anyhow, I spent all of July and the first week of August travelling to Frederick Hospital for the hyperbaric oxygne treatments.  They ended August 8.To continue what I posted in early July, here is the list of the other 28 movies I watched in The Chamber:19. The Devil Wears Prada20. Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull21. "Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets22. Harry Potter and the Prisoner o Azkhaban23. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire24. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix25. Harry Potter and the HalfBlood Prince26. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows  pt.127. Groundhog Day28. Men in Black29.  Babe30. The Book Thief31. Die Hard32. Ratatouille33. Julie and Julia34. Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory35. Mrs. Doubtfire36. Meet Joe Black37. The Princess Bride38. Ghost39. The Sixth Sense40.  South Pacific
I watched all these old movies because I had seen them all before, and with having to watch without glasses, and hearing aid, I had to follow the plots from memory.Some of these films were just as good this time around, and some were  "meh"  And about my eyesight:I kept noticing that my vision was getting increasingly blurry. I was still driving back and forth to Frederick every weekday, but I couldn't read the street signs anymore.  So on July 27, I stopped driving.I went to my retinologist and he confirmed what the doctor at the Wound Care Center had ssid: This hyperbaric oxygen treatment frequently has the side effect that the lenses of the eyes change shape.In my case, it has made me even more nearsighted than I already was.  The doctors said "Don't go and get your glasses changed, because after the treatments stop, your vision will return to normal.: How long after?   Anywhere from two weeks to two months.   So I am still waiting for my eyes to return to normal.    I am teaching my Mount class on Zoom , and can see the screen just fine.  And the guys in Transportation can drive me - they finished up the drives to Frederick, for example.But it is still worrying.Maybe that factors in to my not posting for two months.Sigh....  I'll try to be better.
Poet Laureate!On August 1, I was given the honor of being named Poet Laureate of Emmitsburg.That's Mayor Don Briggs handing me the proclamation.

No comments: