Sunday, March 19, 2023

On the Feast of Saint Joseph

 

I love this ancient mosaic of Joseph and the Child Jesus -   so playful and loving.

I've become a big fan of the TV series "The Chosen"  about Jesus and his disciples. They are up to Season Three, and the third episode on the season is about Jesus visiting his home of Nazareth.

It's very close to the Gospel, about Jesus being rejected by the synagogue leader and former friends.

But it's also a wonderful imagining of Saint Joseph --- how he was with the Child Jesus.

This is the only clip I could find on Google, and it's not the best one of Joseph,  but it's close enough.
To me, he is very believable and lovable.

I have all kinds of associations with the name Joseph.  My father's name was Vincent Joseph.  I went to Saint Joseph College.  My classmates and I are forever known as the "Joe's girls".

So sorry I haven't written for so long.   I had cataract surgery on March 7, and lots of doctors' appointments and the taking of eyedrops for days before and after, and papers and midterms at school.

It's still so cold out and I am so yearning for Spring, which is supposed to arrive tomorrow.

inside a Dandelion...





No comments: