Tuesday, September 26, 2023

So many deaths of the stars

 Today, Facebook shared the news of the death of Brooks Robinson, 86, a well-loved Baltimore Oriole. Even I, not a sports fan, remember him. People are mourning all over Baltimore tonight.


Yesterday, Facebook shared the news of the death of David McCullum, a longtime TV star of NCIS  and, before that , THE MAN FROM UNCLE.  I was a fervent NCIS watcher for many years.

That's just the latest: so many men and women musicians and stars have died in their 80s and 90s this year.  I don't feel like listing them all. But many of them live on in song and memory.

The one that comes to mind, though, for me, is Gordon Lightfoot.

So it goes.

Here I am, on the eighth day of COVID, still testing positive, and still feeling under the weather.

Not to mention that the weather continues to rain and rain and rain.



No comments: