Friday, December 30, 2011

The Sixth Day of Christmas

List Making Time


The blogger at one of the sites I visit wrote down her dreams for 2012.  I’m attempting to do the same here.
What are my dreams for 2012?

The altruistic ones:

·         World Peace,

·         Universal Health Care,

·         Equal Distribution of Food and Money,

·         a Cure for Cancer

( not that I’m asking for much…)

 The selfish ones:

·         Full federal and state funding for the Homes for America project in both wings of our house

·         twenty new vocations to the Daughters of Charity,

·         no more trees cut down on Emmitsburg properties ( the former PH or the Mount)

·         two weeks at Cape May

·         getting to go to the MacDowell Colony this summer

·         being cured of the radiation damage sustained from the cancer treatment

·         having central vision restored to my left eye - and seeing a Snowy Owl in the wild!
 

These are some of my dreams. It’s clear that they are not my expectations. Can they be my hopes?
What are the differences between dreams, expectations, and hopes?
I don’t have many expectations at all, but I do have many hopes.


Here is another favorite Christmas card.  It was created by a friend of mine, Sister Barbara Ann Underhill of the All Saints Sisters of the Poor in Catonsville, Maryland:





No comments: