Thursday, January 19, 2017

On the Eve of the Inauguration of the 45th President of the United States


They're getting ready for it, but I don't plan on watching it.   I also don't plan on marching in any of the Women's protest marches.  It's just too much for me.

If you would have told me fifty years ago that this man would be a president of the United States, I would have laughed in your face.  But he is.  And his congress is going to dismantle every liberal endeavor from the last fifty years, and many even longer.

I am glad I am as old as I am.  I won't live long enough to see the complete unfolding of this disaster.

So instead, I go to bed early, pushing each day forward. I rejoice in the lengthening light,
and I long for Spring to set the perennials in my garden bursting out.

I long for the birds to come back in their glorious mating colors, and their mating songs.

No comments: