Sunday, June 23, 2019

Candide and my garden



We've been having beautiful weather that will soon turn hot and humid, as it does in Maryland in the summer.  I have been gardening and loving my garden.

I am so tired of the contentious political atmosphere in my country.  It seems that Donald Trump has grabbed the attention of the nation by the throat. Every day a new crisis. He revels in keeping us all in confusion and anger.  In the meantime, nothing gets done.  People are suffering.

I can't do anything but pray at this point.  So I tend my garden.

In Voltaire's satire  Candide,  the title character ends by moving with his little group of people  to the country, and concentrating on tending his garden.  It's a metaphor for a lot of things.

Here is some of the garden I am tending.











No comments: