Sunday, March 8, 2020

On the uncertain future

Time Flies     by Christian Schloe


I am remembering the words of the Carly Simon song "Anticipation"  :

We can never know about the days to come,
but we think about them anyway
....

Those particular lines.  The rest of the lyrics don't hold much relevance for me anymore, but here they are:

We can never know about the days to come
But we think about them anyway
And I wonder if I'm really with you now
Or just chasin' after some finer day
Anticipation, anticipation
Is makin' me late
Is keepin' me waitin'
And I tell you how easy it feels to be with you
And how right your arms feel around me
But I, I rehearsed those words just late last night
When I was thinkin' about how right tonight might be
Anticipation, anticipation
Is makin' me late
Is keepin' me waitin'
And tomorrow we might not be together
I'm no prophet and I don't know nature's ways
So I'll try and see into your eyes right now
And stay right here 'cause these are the good old days
And stay right here 'cause these are the good old days
(These are the good old days)
(These are the good old days)
(These are the good old days)
(These are the good old days)
Source: LyricFind


The warnings about this Corona virus keep saying that the group in most danger are the elderly with other medical conditions.   
That's me:  almost 72  and cancer survivor/radiation damage,  previous heart attack,  and  prone to  upper respiratory infections.
So,  it may be that I catch this virus and die from it.  

I'll keep washing my hands and all,  but I  have a big party coming up at the end of this month:  my fiftieth anniversary of college graduation,  and the reunion to celebrate it.  My classmates and I have been meeting to plan it for more than a year, and though some of the women might choose not to come out of fear of the virus,  I am not one of them.  
If it kills me, it kills me.
I love life and all, but I don't have much to look forward to.   Only the garden.



No comments: