Tuesday, November 17, 2020

Three Important Quotes

 

Annie Ovenden       Dancing in the Air




Important for me, at least.


 

“I know now, after fifty years, that the finding/losing, forgetting/remembering, leaving/returning, never stops. The whole of life is about another chance, and while we are alive, till the very end, there is always another chance.”


Jeanette Winterson - Why Be Happy When You Could Be Normal?

 

“Knot by knot I untie myself from the past
And let it rise away from me like a balloon.
What a small thing it becomes.
What a bright tweak at the vanishing point...”


Charles Wright


Susan Sbarge      Radiate


“The best moments in reading are when you come across something – a thought, a feeling, a way of looking at things – which you had thought special and particular to you. Now here it is, set down by someone else, a person you have never met, someone even who is long dead. And it is as if a hand has come out and taken yours.”
Alan Bennett


No comments: