Wednesday, January 12, 2022

I am slowing down

 


Almost to mid January, and the snow isn't melting around here much; temperatures in the teens. I tend to hunker down.


Bear going home for the winter     artist: Hannah Willow

Things aren't going well in our country.  The OMICRON variety of COVID is gallopping along.  Some grocery stores have empty shelves, due to truckers and distributers getting sick and unable to work.
lots of inflation, and the evil Republicans blaming the Democrats.  We will destroy our country with this toxic blaming.

Here's a quote I read today that I agree with, as an old fogey:

from Mario of Andrade:

“I counted my years and found that I have less time to live from now on than I have lived until now.

I feel like that kid who won a package of sweets: he ate the first ones with pleasure, but when he realized there were only a few left he started to enjoy them intensely.

I no longer have time for endless meetings where statute, rules, procedures and internal regulations are discussed, knowing nothing will be achieved.

I no longer have time to support absurd people who, despite their age, have not grown up.

My time is too short: I want the essence, my soul is in a hurry. Not many more sweets in the package.

I want to live next to human people, very human, who know how to laugh at their mistakes and who are not inflated by their triumphs and who take on their own responsibilities. This is how you defend your human dignity and move towards truth and honesty

It’s the essentials that make life worth living.

I want to surround myself with people who know how to touch hearts, people to whom the hard blows of life taught to grow with gentle touches of the soul.

Yes, I’m in a hurry, I’m rushing to live with the intensity that only maturity can give.

Not planning on wasting any leftover candy. I'm sure these will be yummy, a lot more than what we've eaten so far.

My goal is to reach the end satisfied and in peace with my loved ones and my conscience.

We have two lives and the second one starts when you realize you only have one. "




No comments: