Sunday, March 6, 2022

I've been sick

 

art by Jo Grundy


I am happy to see the arrival of March, though I had a bad week of it.  Radiation is the gift that keeps on giving,  and  the aggressive radiation of 2009 which killed the cancer also resulted in ongoing damage.  This time, it was my radiated bladder.

as I said in my email to friends:

Bleeding from the bladder--- started Monday night, Feb.21, all through the week until I landed in the ER at Gettysburg Hospital last Saturday, Feb 26.  Was admitted and stayed in the hospital until Tuesday, March 1.

Horrible experience with FoleyCatheter the size of a garden hose flushing out my bladder. Antibiotics.

 


Diagnosis:   Radiation Cystitis.  I’m home but wiped out.  The bleeding has stopped though, thank God.

 

But I lost a lot of blood ( not enough for  a transfusion, though) so it will take a while for me to get back my strength. 

 

Fortunately, this has all happened on  Spring Break week! I don’t have class until March 10; should be much better by then.

 

Pray that I am well by our SJC Reunion   March 31 weekend.


Everhart Park in late winter/early spring.... the beloved park of my childhood, in West Chester


No comments: