Friday, April 28, 2023

Three weeks later

and almost the end of April... Yesterday was my birthday. I am now 75 years old. I simply cannot believe it. I can't believe the old lady in the mirror is me. I still think I look like this:
Today this list of wise advice appeared in my Instagram feed. It's written by the SCS Staff
 ( Science Sensei) and posted in March 2023:
 Thirty lessons people learn far too late in life: 
 1. Everything is temporary
 2. Stop complaining 
3. Life isn't fair 
4. Live without fear
 5. Family matters more than friends 
6. Money can't buy happiness
 7. Don't try to change other people.
 8. Treat yourself with love and respect
 9. Don't sleepwalk through life 
10. People aren't thinking about you as much as you think 
11. Never stop learning 
12. Know your destination 
13. The sacrifices you make now will pay off in the future
 14. Happiness is a choice 
15. Take care of your health
 16. Curb your expectations
 17. Don't let fear of embarassment stop you from being yourself 
18. Material things don't matter 
19. Eventually, things get better.
 20. Everyone is out for themselves.
 21. Age is just a number
 22. Forgive others ( even if you never get an apology)
 23. Learn to put your ego in check 
24. Everyone is suffering
 25. Be present in the moment 
26. Don't be afraid to ask for help 
27.It's always worthwhile to see the world
 28. Say what you mean to say 
29. Remember to enjoy life. 
30. A lifetime is not really that long.

 I'm not going to go through that whole list right now; many of them I have learned by the middle of my life.
 But there are still many I haven't yet learned.
 Like #5, and I blame my parents for that, and my relatives, as well as myself. Long story.
 And #22... I still have a long way to go on that one.
 And #9 - how much of my life have I lived as one sleepwalking?

 Enough of that for today. 

 Here are some lovely April pictures:
Spring Beauties... photo by Julie Zickefoose
and this:

No comments: