Tuesday, October 3, 2023

Life Humbles You

 by House Speaker Kevin McCarthy coming to a bipartisan agreement.

This migrating Worm-eating Warbler was photographed by one of my birding friends


And now the radical republicans - a small but powerful group - have managed to oust him from being the speaker of the house.  He was a whiner and a spineless jerk, in my opinion, but I'm wondering who will replace him...

In the meantime, it has been another gorgeous 80 degree day.  I took photos of the garden today.  Much fading, but much flourishing. Especially the Goldenrods!   I bought and planted two native Goldenrods last May, and they are so beautiful and doing so well!

Bluestem Goldenrod on the G side of the courtyard


Solidago Rugosa   and Cleome   on the D side


I also came across this "meme" which is so true of me:





No comments: