Monday, November 9, 2015

In Lieu of a Dog of my own


 

NaBloPoMo prompt for today:

What is the first thing you do every single day (I mean, after you hit the snooze button)? When did that step in your routine begin?

 The first thing I do is put on my glasses, but that’s not very interesting.

The second thing I do is go over to my desk, open my laptop, and check on the webcam of the Great Dane Service Dog Project.
 
 

I’ve been doing this since I discovered the site three years ago, very shortly after it came online with the Explore site.  At that time, Chaos had just had her puppies:

 



I didn’t see them born, but I did see the next litter born, to Noel:

 


And the next, born to Olive:
 


And so on, through these years.

 




Each morning  I enjoy seeing  the activities in the kitchen at Carlene White’s house. Those puppies are born in her house, and are socialized from birth.  Each litter stays in the house, with a human volunteer watching out for them and interacting with them, until they are about eight weeks old.



 


I also have enjoyed watching them trained to be service dogs, and paired with persons with a variety of neurological issues who need a “balance dog” .

 
 
 
 
 
It's such a spirit lifter at the beginning of each day!
 
 
 


No comments: