Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Ireland in Mind







NaBloPoMo prompt for today:

What is one place you need to see to feel like your life is complete?

Had a difficult time narrowing this to one place.  I have long yearned to visit Switzerland and Greece,

But the one place I speak of today is Ireland.

 


I was there in 1970 on a wonderful month long hitch-hiking adventure.  Haven’t been back since.



If I had thought about it before I went off to the convent in 1977, I would have made another trip there, but I was so focused on answering that call that I didn’t.

Somehow I thought I’d get back there, but I haven’t, and it doesn’t look much like I will.

I keep hoping my community sends me there to give a retreat , but nothing is forthcoming.
 
 

At the age of 22, I missed much of Ireland that I would visit now.  I would also revisit all the places I went in 1970.

No comments: