Thursday, February 21, 2019

Healing Up

I remember fifty or so years ago when President Lyndon Johnson had gall bladder surgery and he showed reporters his scar!   Mine is a bit lower, but it's a big one down the center, with seventeen staples!  

The surgery went so well- better than I imagined it would.  The pain management was a wonder of modern medicine. 



 I was attached to a small black purse which contained some kind of anesthetic which  pumped automatically and directly into the incision site by a device called  an Elastomeric pump.  you heard   It was only on for five days, and then I  could take it off myself.  I am also on an oral narcotic called Tramadol.    So my pain has been minimal, and I believe that helps tremendously with the healing of the surgical site, though it takes two or three months for the whole thing - inside and out- to heal.
 
Anyway, I should be back to blogging again from now on.
 
 



No comments: