Wednesday, January 4, 2023

Happy Feast of Saint Elizabeth Ann Seton!

 We had a big crowd at the 11AM Mass in the Basilica today.  Lots of mothers with loud and active toddlers.  Nothing to worry about with the population of the Catholic Church!

As I watched those young mothers try to manage their squirming offspring, I kept thinking of Elizabeth, who had five young ones very close together.


Yesterday I finally retrieved my laptop from the Mount, all upgraded and working well. 

So  here are some poems and pictures from my blog post files:

Jo Grundy    Winter Morning



Here's a poem by Emily Dickinson:

The Road was lit with Moon and star


The Road was lit with Moon and star --
The Trees were bright and still --
Descried I -- by the distant Light
A Traveller on a Hill --
To magic Perpendiculars
Ascending, though Terrene --
Unknown his shimmering ultimate --
But he indorsed the sheen --

artist: Amanda Clark





No comments: