Wednesday, January 18, 2023

Winter the Magician

 I like this poem   by Fyodor Tyutchev:


The Forest Is Entranced


The forest is entranced
By Winter the Magician.
Under velvet snow
It's mute, immobile, glistening
Wondrously with life,
Standing enchanted,
Neither dead nor alive,
Entranced by a magic dream,
Entirely covered, fettered
By light links of snow.
Should winter's sun cast a sudden flare
Glancing across its summits,
Not a thing will shiver in it.
It will sparkle and flame
And be blindingly fair!



Art by Lennart Helje




I've had a busy ten days: January 12-15 I hosted seven of my Saint Joseph College classmates at Mother Seton's White House for planning for our April reunion.... and, of course, partying.
Introvert that I am, I was exhausted by Sunday.

Tuesday ( yesterday) was the first day of class. I am again teaching Modernity in Literature - on Zoom- and it looks to be a very promising semester.

I will try to keep up with this blog, but I make no promises!

Wolf Moon , Winter Path by Jim Crotty




No comments: