Sunday, December 15, 2019

Another Magritte





The website demilked says this about him:
"Rob Gonsalves is a famous Canadian artist whose works are recognizable for their magic realism and well-planned optical illusions. One image melts into another and comes back again full circle, playing with our minds by creating irrational dream worlds.
Gonsalves has been interested in drawing since he was a kid. By the age of twelve, he already demonstrated masterful technique and a good understanding of architecture and perspective. After he found out about the works of Salvador Dali and René Magritte, he turned to surrealism himself and has never looked back since."
This is so heartbreaking because he committed suicide at the age of 57 in 2017.
I came across his paintings somewhere on Facebook, and I love them the same way I love the paintings of Rene Magritte.
Don't know the titles of these paintings, but they haunt me.

and

I want to write poetry about his paintings.


No comments: