Monday, December 30, 2019

Books I Read in 2019



Not all of them, but the ones that come to mind as I write this:

Lincoln in the Bardo   by George Saunders

Educated   by Tara Westover

An Education  by Michelle Obama

Beloved     by Toni Morrison



The Friend    by Sigrid Nunez

The Fifth Risk by Michael Lewis

The Dark is Rising   by Susan Cooper


Stephen King's trilogy:
Mr. Mercedes
Finders Keepers
End of Watch




Kingdom of the Blind   by Louise Penny




Two from Ruth Rendell:
Kissing the Gunner's Daughter
Not in the Flesh

from Lawrence Block:
A Walk Among the Tombstones

from Peter Grainger:
Luck and Judgment
An Accidental Death

The Graveyard Book   by Neil Gaiman



Dracula   by Bram Stoker


I re-read the Millennium series and then read the three new ones by David Lagercrantz
The Girl in the Spider's Web
The Girl Who Lived Twice
The Girl Who Takes an Eye for an Eye




And, of course, re-read the books for my Modernity class, especially:
Slaughterhouse Five
Persepolis


I also re-read , each month, the relevant chapter in The Echoing Green  by Jennifer Heath.


I know I read more books than these.  One of my New Years Resolutions is to record the titles of the books I read in 2020 as I read them.

I also read many many articles on politics: the evil saga of Donald Trump, and a fair amount of the Mueller Report



There's definitely an attraction to the bloodthirsty in my reading life.


No comments: