Thursday, October 21, 2021

Habit-forming

Not the habits we used to wear... but habits of behavior and attitude.

Here are a few notes from these last days of retreat at Cape May:

What is rewarded is repeated...

Humility... what do I have that I have not been given?

Humility - there are seeds of the Gospel everywhere, but it's only the humble who see the goodness coming through.

Humility:  noticing the wonder that is everywhere.

Humility  makes me more able to accept other peoples' corrections... lowers my defensiveness

Humility is the opposite of self-importance

Gentleness conquers the hearts of those who are angry and bitter


 Monarch flying South by the house on Stockton Street... one of hundreds I've been privileged to greet during those eight days in Cape May.

and now...

art by Albert Blakelock

The full orange blood moon shines over the valley.



No comments: