Friday, November 26, 2021


 I love this picture and quote .   


Recently, on Instagram,  writers have posted some quotes about Boundaries which really struck me.

I have come to realize that my personal boundaries have been , what shall I say?  Very thin throughout my life, due to my child hood upbringing.  Not that I was neglected!     Anyway, this list really got to me:

What do boundaries feel like?

*  It is not my job to fix others

* It is okay if others get angry

* It is okay to say no.

* It is not my job to take responsibility for others

* I don't have to anticipate the needs of others

* It is my job to make me happy.

* nobody has to agree with me.

* I have a right to my own feelings.

* I am enough.


It got to me because I have done all of those.  And continue to do some of them, and feel guilty about the ones I don't do anymore.

It takes a whole lifetime to understand the mysteries of my own self.





No comments: