Tuesday, November 2, 2021

We are all in line without knowing it

 


Mount St. Mary's Cemetery  on the mountain


This day, I remember so many friends and family who have gone before me.  This poem, by an unknown poet,  hits me hard today:


We are all in line.

Every minute someone leaves this world behind.

We are all in the line without knowing it.

We never know how many people are before us.

We can not move to the back of the line.

We can not step out of the line.

We can not avoid the line.

So while we wait in line -Make moments count.

Make priorities.

Make the time.

Make your gifts known.

Make a nobody feel like a somebody.

Make your voice heard.

Make the small things big.

Make someone smile.

Make the change.

Make love.

Make up.

Make peace.

Make sure to tell your people they are loved.

Make sure to have no regrets.

Make sure you are ready."


Author Unknown


Susan Abbott


Patrick Finnegan



Josephine Jacobsen


 Ralph Harper


 


Frank Quinn



Maureen Beitman



Margaret Dougherty


John Whelley




Not to mention my family - the generation of Kauffmans and Higgins's  ---all members of that generation have died,

My mother and her brothers:


My father and his three brothers and three sisters, and my cousin Barbie and her son Tommy Guss:












No comments: