Saturday, December 10, 2022

For what shall I pray?


 Every morning I pray the Miraculous Medal Novena.  I've been doing this for more than a year, and each nine days, I choose someone or some thing to pray for in a special way.  After all my modern ideas, I still return to the faith of my childhood.  The Daughters of Charity say that Mary, the Mother of Jesus, is their only mother.  No "Mother Superior" titles for their leaders!

I have prayed for my cousins, many of them by name. I have prayed for the people of Ukraine, and for the areas of  my own country devastated by tornados, hurricanes, fires.  I have prayed for our country, for the outcome of elections, for my friends, many of them by name. I have prayed for myself, for healing from all that radiation damage.  Yesterday one of my college friends asked me to pray for the prosecutor who is working on bringing Donald Trump to justice. So that's what I'm doing these nine days.  What else?


artist: Josie Wren



No comments: